Every spring join us on the ultimate Dutch beer adventure, conveniently planned around the peak of the Tulip season.
This tour takes place once a year in May, and is a 5-day loop from Amsterdam. Visit at least 5 breweries, the North Sea, and several tulips farms along the way!
- All skill levels welcome. Ride between 20 and 40 miles each day, completely flat.
- 4-nights hotel, bike / bag rentals, breakfast, lunch, snacks, brewery tours + beer samples all included. Vehicle support included for groups at least 8. Everyone pays for their own dinner each evening.
- Perfect balance of historic cities, small villages, inventive new beer makers, and visits to farms to see an enormous amount of tulips!
- Dutch beer is not as well known as their Belgian counterparts, but they are currently going through a beer revolution! We’ll have visits to some of the best beer makers in Europe.
- On this tour we will visit at least 5 breweries for a private tour and/or a tasting. No two breweries are alike. Beer tastings are typically generous and 2 breweries combine the tasting with excellent cheeses pairings, all included in your trip fees!
- Make new friends and visit a different brewery every day, as you explore the country at the perfect speed to soak in your surroundings.
From IPA’s to Bok’s, Trappist and Smoked Beer, this tour has something for everyone’s palette.
Typical breweries we visit on most tour include:
- De Prael– Located in the heart of Amsterdam, this brewery offers jobs to people in a special social program supported by the local government. Awesome place, wonderful people.
- Oedipus – One of the most artistic and creative craft breweries in the country is just a short ride from Amsterdam.
- het Uitlje – We’ll get a tour + tasting at this small brewery in Haarlem.
- Jopen – Unique brewery located in an old church. We’ll be there for a tour, tasting and dinner.
- De Molen – One of the most famous craft breweries in Europe, doing lots of barrel aging. In addition to a tour we will have dinner in their restaurant located inside an actual windmill!
- Other breweries change based upon availability and time of year. Places we have visited on previous tours include: Maximus, La Trappe, ‘t IJ, Oproer Brewing, Duits & Lauret
Itinerary / Stats
Locations and distances vary from tour to tour, but generally fall between these guidelines:
- Day 1 – The group meets in Amsterdam at 10:00 AM for a fun walking tour of the city. Enjoy lunch, and visit a few breweries, as we will also collect our bicycles and do a short warm up ride.
- Day 2 – Cycling west towards the seaside town of Haarlem, stopping at the word famous Tulip and Bulb Park, “Keukenhof”. Two breweries to visit today in Haarlem!
- Day 3 – Cycling south towards the town of Bodegraven. We’ll stop for another tulip photo shoot, and experience the magic of Brouwerij De Molen this evening.
- Day 4 – Beautiful bike ride through “the green heart” of Holland: polders, cows, windmills, dykes, canals, how Dutch can you go? Tonight enjoy a culture-historical walking tour through Utrecht with tour guide Betty, and/or a pub crawl with tour guide Henk.
- Day 5 – Today we complete the loop back to Amsterdam, visiting another brewery, before returning the bikes. Anyone that still has the time and energy; there is much more to see in Amsterdam! Henk will be happy to share some of his favorite biercafes with you!
Markers show start/end + overnight hotel and B&B locations…